Italy The Chapel of Barolo
- Please to see the geo position & weather for this photo spot
By Sol Lewitt and David Tremlett – Brunate Vineyard, La Morra, 1999! Built in 1914 as a shelter for those who worked in the surrounding vineyards in case of storms or hail, and never consecrated, the Chapel of SS. Our Lady of Grace was purchased by the Ceretto family in 1970 along with 6 hectares of prestigious vineyards of Brunate. In ruins after years of neglect, it has become one of the best-known buildings in the area thanks to the re-interpretation given by artists Sol LeWitt and David Tremlett in 1999. The idea was spawned over a glass of Barolo and the majestic landscape. The artists immediately took up the idea of restoring the chapel and breathed new life into it. They split the work between themselves, Tremlett worked on the interior, warm and serene, and LeWitt worked on the exterior, playful and lively.
Pleaseto see the photography tips.
It is a steep one way track from La Morra to the Vineyard. There is a parking lot next to the Chapel