The Pilsum Lighthouse (German: Pilsumer Leuchtturm) was built in 1889 in order to provide a beacon for the Emshörn channel on Germany's North Sea coast. It is located on a dyke near the village of Pilsum in the municipality of Krummhörn. It has guided ships through the narrow channel until 1915. In the First World War its light was extinguished in order that enemy ships could not navigate the route. After that it was no longer needed, because the channel was changed. The height of the structure is 11 metres; the height of the light about sea level is 15 metres. Today the tower is one of the best-known symbols of East Frisia. - Wikipedia
Please log in or sign up for free to see the photography tips.
Crowd Factor Just a few people
Best Timing Sunset
Sunrise & Sunset 08:31 - 16:56 | current local time: 02:44
Latitude & Longitude Please log in or sign up for free to see the geo position for this spot.
Bookmarks 3 photographers have bookmarked this photo spot